Although fasting for short periods is safe for most generally healthy people, you should talk to your healthcare provider before beginning any diet or diet program to ensure it is safe and right for you.
Do not fast, or use any products for fasting purposes, without a doctor or healthcare provider’s direct supervision if you have diabetes (types 1 or 2), cancer, congestive heart failure, or a history of fainting (syncope).
Do not fast or use any products for fasting purposes if:
- You have a fever, cough, diarrhea, signs of an active infection, or are at risk for recurrent infection,
- You are underweight, breastfeeding, or pregnant,
- You have dietary restrictions,
- You have a known, suspected, or diagnosed eating disorder, or
- You are under the age of 18 or over the age of 70 unless you are under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
For more information on ProLon and health conditions and ProLon, please see the Medically Related FAQs section, below.